Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Byron Bay 2

The apartment that we were renting in Byron was a little distance from the town centre. We were a few minutes walk from Clarkes beach and not far from the wave-lashed Tallows Beach. All we could hear at night was the distant crash of the sea and we woke up to the call of a whip-bird. The weather was beautiful again and we found a fantastic place to have breakfast by the beach
There was an art exhibition on the sea front with some interesting installations - although I'm not sure if the first one was an art piece or some backpackers looking for cheap accomodation

There are markets in Byron on the first Sunday of every month that are full of a wide selection of hippy tatt - we got an impressively large Camphor Laurel chopping board that we could put over the stove & use to roll dough & pasta on. We were laughing about how domesticated I'd become, how a few years ago I would have been walking along with a surfboard under my arm not a chopping board, and soon afterwards walked past a cafe where a guy stopped us and enthusiastically asked about where I'd got 'my board'. After a quick chat he declared 'she was a beauty' and I left with a proud glow.

The weather turned nasty on us soon after so we headed back to the apartment for a nap. After the rain cleared we headed back to the beach and I finally decided to go for a play in the water

3 comments:

  1. well Byron bay is one of the holiday destination. i went with my family in last vacations. i really enjoyed the stay and stayed in Byron bay luxury accommodation.
    it was wonderful stay to Byron bay.


    Accomodation Byron bay

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the things related to enjoy in byron bay are nice....

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was an art exhibition on the sea front with some interesting installations - although I'm not sure if the first one was an art piece or some backpackers looking for cheap accommodation.

    ReplyDelete