Sunday, January 8, 2012

Resolution Run

The run this morning was the 'Resolution Run', a 5.5km or 11km fun run. We both went for the 5.5km event - me to run, Liz to walk - and once we both recovered from the early start we enjoyed it. Although in some ways the start wasn't early enough - the temperature must have been hitting 30 degrees at 7.30am! I managed to come in with an elapsed time of 29 minutes dead, which I was pretty happy about



Liz also did well and battled a sore toe to come in just under the hour.

It was a very good natured event, although some of the roadies coming the other way who were confronted with over a thousand weaving runners weren't so impressed. It was also strange at the end because there was no queue at the coffee cart - not what I'm used to with cycling events! Now to recover from the dehydration headache - maybe I should have skipped a couple of those beers last night.....

1 comment: