Sunday, July 28, 2013

Learning to grind

I think I first saw grind tricks on a skateboard when I was a kid - they looked awesome, but I was far to unco-ordinated to stay upright a skateboard, let alone try a grind
Snowboarding gave me a second opportunity and snow is a lot softer to fall onto than concrete. I even managed a couple of simple rail slides, but soon found out that both rails and the things they're mounted on are much harder than snow....I soon left this kind of craziness to younger bendy people
You can grind on bikes as well - on a mountain bikes (if you have no regard for your chainstays)
 
On a fixie
 
and of course on a BMX
 
In my view the most impressive grinding of all is on inline skates
 
This weekend I had another go at learning to grind
In less than 10 minutes I'm managed to convert whole wheat 'berries' from this
to this
to this
Unfortunately our bedmaker's settings for 'wholemeal' flour are based around using shop-bought wholemeal flour, which is essentially wheat that's been milled down to white flour and then had some ground-up husk mixed back in with it. So the loaf turned out a little denser than planned...  
I can probably use it to mount a grind rail into so I can start practicing again... 


No comments:

Post a Comment