Sunday, June 13, 2010

West Coast Living

I'm in Western Australia this week for work. My company graciously allowed me to enjoy the 5 1/2 hour flight on my own time on a Sunday so that I could be at the clients site first thing Monday morning, and they didn't even take the cost of the flight out of my wages for the privelage. I'm staying in Fremantle (or Freo), about 20km south of Perth, which is a slightly bohemian little town on the coast. Unlike Queensland all of the old buildings seem to be built of of local rock which gives it a bit of an English feel
For those not familar with Australian geography, the majority of the population live on the East or South Coast so a sunset over the ocean is a bit of a rare thing. It's something I've promised to experience with my partner but unfortunately that's not possible this trip.
On a good day it's beautiful

That's the Indian ocean there.
One of the advantages of skates over bikes is that they fit in a suitcase so I bought mine with me and had a roll. So this is in lieu of the usual 'bike shot'
You could presumably experience something similar in Brisbane if you got up early enough, but that's just crazy talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment