Saturday, August 6, 2011

Float tank

Well, the float tank was...interesting. It's basically a large covered bathtub partly filled with warm, very salty water. You lay in it and - well, float.


It's like a combination of a warm bath, laying on your back in a very calm ocean and laying on a waterbed. With dolphin sounds. At first it was very relaxing - I closed the lid and let myself drift.

After a while my body was feeling very languid, but my mind wasn't as chilled. And the heat started to get to me. I popped the lid to get some cool air, which helped, but I found myself longing for a solid surface under me. an interesting experiment, but probably one I won't repeat regularly.

Now I'm at Byron Bay Brewery relaxing with a pale ale. On the way down I passed a man walking an alpaca. Gotta love Byron!

No comments:

Post a Comment