Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Barefoot loop

For the last 6 weeks or so I've been slowly (very slowly) extending the length of my barefoot run. Up until now I've been doing an 'out & back' route but last night I finally reached a distance which would allow me to run around the block - a mental milestone* as it feels like you're actually getting somewhere

It's funny how long it takes - 10 minutes or so of warming up, 10 minutes wandering around outside waving my phone in the air waiting for a GPS signal, run for almost 5 minutes, stretch for another 15. But nontheless, I now consider myself enough of a barefoot runner to post this



*Actually 'milestone' is a bit of a misnomer as the loop is only 0.75km long. 'Half-milestone' is probably more appropriate.

2 comments:

  1. HEEL STRIKER!!!
    Very funny, barefoot Mike.
    Gordy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barefoot Mike: *I totally forefoot strike*...GOLD! Miff

    ReplyDelete