Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Key Fob Saviours

I've got a Series 2 Land Rover Discovery and it's getting on a bit. It still runs well, but last month the buttons on the key fob collapsed
I've been paranoid about the insides getting wet when I'm away from home, shorting out the electrics and leaving me stranded. I got in touch with Shane at TechnoBritish, my local Land Rover man, and he in turn recommended a product made in Perth by Polmex  - a silicon cover that pops into your keyfob and only takes 10 or 15 mins to install.
I ordered via Ebay and the package arrived a few days later, along with clear and easy installation instructions. I've just fitted them and they're great - and about $480 cheaper than getting a new key.
So if you own a Land Rover Series 2 and your key fob collapses, give Polmex an email. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Really it is a nice blog, I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it.
    Your post is extremely helpful. I will keep following. Thank you for sharing this information.
    regards
    land rover dealers queensland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking the World Wide Web for this information Techno British Land Rovers Dealers Brisbane and I want to thank you for this post. It’s not easy to find such perfectly written information on this topic. Great Work!

    ReplyDelete