Friday, March 15, 2013

Saved by the boil

I was supposed to go down to Sydney again for a couple of days this week, but on the way to the airport my car overheated and left me sitting at the side of the road around half a kilometre from the airport carpark waiting for a tow. Turns out the radiator was badly leaking, which explained that puddle under the car when I left - in my defence it was 5am and half-light so my brain was suggesting a weird condensation pattern.

I ended up missing my flight out, and after assessing what I had to do and how I could do it I decided that it would better to use GoTo Meeting instead of rushing around for what would have ended up as a day in total on site. After getting the car delivered to my Land Rover guy I made it back home at just before 8.30am, so I spent 3 1/2 hrs getting nowhere in a very expensive way. It looks like I didn't damage the engine but it still needs a new radiator & thermostat, add labour on top of that and that's an expensive way to avoid two days in Parramatta. Wonder if I can claim that on expenses?

Still, just before the temperature gauge peaked I heard this awesome tune from a Brisbane 2-piece on 4ZZZ on Wednesday and thought it sounded lovely and deserved a post - enjoy :)


 

2 comments:

  1. I think, compared to some of your other music posts lately, you have redeemed your self with this one. You are right. A lovely tune indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure some of that video was shot in Newstead near our office.

    ReplyDelete