Friday, November 8, 2013

Chill out

I'm slowly getting back into the local time zones but last week has taken its toll. Jet lag is a weird & insidious sensation best summarised by a colleague who said ' I woke up in the hotel and found I'd locked my chewing gum in the safe but left my passport on the desk'. You lose the initial doziness and spaced feeling fairly quickly but for me at least it takes a few more days for everything to start feeling right again. I'm also waking up every night panicking that I'm late for my flight home and not recognising that I'm in my own bed, and now I think of it I think I get this after most overseas trips (but oddly I never get that confusion when I'm overseas). It's a shame because the weather over here is perfect for evening rides but I'm just not feeling it right now. Hopefully I'll be able to kickstart myself over the weekend - I have a bike rebuild on the cards as well which should inspire me....

Until then I'm just relaxing and recovering. Which brings me to the tune - the seminal, beautiful and quite possibly unique 'Chill Out' by the KLF. This last for just over 44 minutes (I'm sure it's not a coincidence that that is the length of one side of a C90 cassette) but it's worth listening to the whole thing. So sit back with a couple of your favourite relaxing beverages close to hand, turn off your phone, close the door, relax, enjoy and of course chill out...


1 comment:

  1. I get the exact same jet-lag sensation: waking and not recognising I'm in my own bed, or bedroom for that matter, and thinking I'm running late. Thought it was just my own personal weirdness..

    ReplyDelete