Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hipster scum

More rain kept me off the trails and in the garage swapping bike bits around like a 6 year girl playing with barbies. I decided that I needed to respond to Gordy's raising of the hipster ante
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) the rear wheel is buckled enough that it won't turn in the frame so that needs to be sorted out before I can ride it, but it still looks 'the business'. The bike will return to it's old pink-rimmed configuration fairly soon as the Spinergy front wheel (complete with carbon fibre spokes) doesn't match the intention of a scruffy looking but nicely riding bike.

The frame is actually an 'Abeni', welded in Sydney by John Abeni in probably the mid 80's and it rides very smoothly. It was owned by at least two friends before ending up with me. In fact almost everything on the bike was owned by a friend (and normally two or three) before I inherited it and most of the new bits were bought with something else in mind. The result was christened 'El Bastardo' and she does me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment