Sunday, March 7, 2010

Still wet...

The rain has continued. Three years ago the local dams were at an average of 16% full, and now they're at an average of over 80% full. This is great for sustainable living in Queensland but terrible for riding bikes!

I've also been pretty busy at work so for the last week I've just been getting home, collapsing on the couch in front of the TV and going to bed a few beers later. My body starting to get twitchy and it needs to do something and that in turn is starting to affect my mind. This is getting reminiscent of wet times in the UK and I know that the only solution is to man up and go ride. I have a barbecue at a mates house today so I'll take the fixie down - in many ways an ideal bike for damp conditions because there's virtually no maintenance and the 'constant drive' on the back wheel helps stop it drifting out in the wet. No mudguards of course, so it's a damp bum for me today.

Because of the rain we went to the cinema yesterday to see 'The Men Who Stare At Goats', based on the Jom Ronson book of the same name. It was a great film despite a slightly weak ending, and like the book makes you want to find out more to see how much of it is actually true. I've read plentiful evidence that the US sponsored 'remote viewing' and it's a known fact that they did a lot of research into military use of mind-bending drugs, but did they really sponsor a 'New Earth army'?

No comments:

Post a Comment