Sunday, February 13, 2011

Updates

It's been hard to update the blog over the last month or so. Not only have we been facing a succession of natural disasters country wide but I've also been under the weather with some kind of bug. One that left me well enough to go to work, but too tired to do anything when I got home or over the weekends.

I'm feeling better now so hopefully will be able to put a bit more time into posting some updates. So first off, I've been progressively building a new bike over the last few months. It's been a long build but it's finally done - so here is my Cotic Roadrat.


Cotic are a small UK company (only two employees) that mainly focus on mountain bikes. The Roadrat is their versatile road-going bike, which I can use as a fixie around town for now and if I feel the urge build it up as a geared roadbike or a tourer. And it's tough enough and takes big enough tyres to allow me some offroad options as well. I won't be taking it on singletrack - I have smaller wheeled mountain bikes more suited to that - but it will be nice to be able to follow my nose and take some random fireroads in the forest on the way to work.

and if I ever feel the urge to join the brakeless fixie riding hipsters I can add some style - for those of you with delicate sensibilities look away now....


No comments:

Post a Comment