Sunday, September 29, 2013

Riverfire 2013

I've been to Riverfire most years and although the fireworks are good, I've always enjoyed the plane and helicopter displays more. This time I wondered if I'd had enough of standing in massive crowds for hours on end just to watch a few flypasts and thought maybe I should stay at home and work on the garden instead.

Nah, who am I kidding....Superhornet flyover
Are you humming 'Ride Of The Valkyries' in your head?
If not, why not?
Blackhawk
Brisbane police employing a hardline approach to traffic control on the freeway. 'Move over to the inside line if it's empty...or else'
I was wondering of the pilot could see the pink bunnies as well
 A very unnerving view of an Apache
Close enough for an almost gynaecological (gunacological?) view of the pointy end
I love the spray these things put up
After the aerial displays it took almost 30 minutes to get off the bridge and then ride back over the river. So to escape the crowds we had planned to watch the fireworks from the top of our local mountain, Mt Gravatt, and although it needed a 30 minute yomp to get to the top it was well worth it. It was a lot more relaxed than Southbank, with people kicking back on the grass with a picnic and a beer or glass of wine  
whilst enjoying great views of the city below
The fireworks looked good, but being so far away meant we could hardly hear them. So it was good, but I still think that being there on the night is better - if you can cope with the crush. It's also hard to get decent photos that far out with a telescopic lens and no tripod! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment