Saturday, December 14, 2013

Fun Machine

I've upgraded the Scandal a little bit over the last couple of months - it's now got an X-fusion HiLo dropper post, which means that at the flick of a lever I can drop the seat down from this height
 To as low as this height
There's a remote lever that I can mount on the bars as well, but I like to leave the bars as clean as possible. I may change it later on if I need to, but it seems to be working fine as it is. It just looks a bit weird when I regularly reach between my legs to adjust myself...

I've also taken off the front three rings and instead am running 1x10 setup with a Raceface Narrow-Wide chainring and a Shimano Zee rear mech. The rear mech has a clutch which stops it bouncing around on the rough stuff, so that means I can run this without any front chain device and still not lose the chain. The cassette has a 36 tooth cog on it so there's a fairly low gearing option when things get steep. The 32 tooth chainring means that I lose out at the high end but it's rare that I'm sprinting fast enough to outrun my gearing on dirt.
    
A new saddle, decent flat pedals and some surprisingly hard-to-find All-City grips round out the changes
Plus of course my lucky seatstay feather...
It climbs like a goat, rails the corners, is stable in the air and is generally a hoot to ride......I'm very happy. I just need to learn to ride it harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment