Sunday, February 28, 2010

For those about to rock...

I've been fighting off a bug recently so I've been going to bed early. For the last few nights we've heard a band playing after we've turned everything off - we thought at first that it was a local neighbour playing a loud stereo, or possibly a band practicing in a nearby house. Turns out that it was AC/DC, playing at a stadium about 5 miles away! Not sure if it's cool or sad to write about being kept awake by AC/DC...

In other news, I've now officially applied for Australian citizenship. I've chosen the oath that isn't 'under god' (you get the choice of whether to include that phrase or not, although my pagan mates in the UK will be upset to hear that 'under the gods' doesn't seem to be an option) and now I need to wait for a citizenship test. Once that's been sat and assuming I pass I then need to wait until I can attend a citizenship ceremony. Once I swear the oath at the ceremony I'm an Aussie. That could take up to 6 months but I'm looking forward to it. The only question then will be who to cheer for during the Ashes :)

Go England!

No comments:

Post a Comment