Monday, April 9, 2012

Being that guy

My knee was playing up when I was in Thailand, especially after spending a day climbing in & out of boats, and so climbing wasn't an option. In fact at the end of some days it was pretty sore after just walking around. I took my Vibram Five-fingers with me in the hope that I'd at least be able to fit a run or two in but sadly that wasn't to be.

I did get to walk around in my Five fingers a lot though. I tried to alternate them with my regular shoes - my knee would hurt a little less but my calves would get stiffer. They didn't seem massively out of place in Tonsai
although they are a pain to wear at the beach - putting them on once you have sand on your feet can be time-consuming and a little raspy.

They got a few more looks & comments in Patong
I'm starting to find them really comfortable - wonder if I can wear them in the office? Maybe only with a dark suit.

After a very lazy long weekend at home I've just done my first run in a month and comfortably managed a barefoot km, so I think the constant walking around hasn't set me back much. Sadly I'm only around for a week before flying to KL for a week on business and I won't get the chance for many more runs in the next fortnight. That 5k fun run will have to wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment