Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Voiding your ticket

Although the day at Railay resort was fun, the night was anything but. I woke up at around 2.30 feeling sick and just made it to the bathroom in time. This happened four or five times throughout the night and, coupled with a touch of Thai belly, left me pretty exhausted come morning time.

Unfortunately I'd already booked & paid for boat tickets for that day and a hotel in Patong for that night, so if I stayed where I was I would have lost a chunk of cash. After a very cautious breakfast of a can of coke and some Imodium I decided that the worst had passed and that I would risk the journey. No pictures - I had a long tail boat ride, a 2 hr ferry ride and a 40 minute minibus ride to get through and my mind was in my happy place for most of it. Luckily for both me & my fellow travellers I made it to the hotel without vomiting or voiding, and after checking in & a quick call to Liz I curled up in bed for the afternoon. I only left the room once to get some water, paracetamol and a few more cans of coke. Walking around Patong for the first time at night when you're not feeling 100% and you've only had 3 cans of coke all day is a very bizarre and not very pleasant experience.....
It took me another day to get on top of whatever was affecting me, and it struck me how sick I'd been when I realised that in two days I hadn't eaten any street food or taken a single picture.....in fact 3 days later I still haven't fancied eating rice! 

1 comment:

  1. Sawatdee khap Mikey. Or should that be Sabaidee now I'm in Loas. Sorry to hear about the purging, but sound like you've got it beat. Very impressive that you braved the streets of Patpong when you didn't feel well.

    ReplyDelete