Saturday, May 12, 2012

A mixed bag of breakfast bikes

At breakfast this morning we had the usual mix of breakfast steeds -
A custom made Baum, hand crafted in Melbourne to exactly fit the owners requirements. And a 1991 Peugeot King Canyon mountain bike.
A Surley Long Hall Trucker set up for distance cyclo-touring / Audax. And my trusty singlespeed Roadrat

The Peugeot was in beautiful condition with almost entirely original componentry. It looked like it had been taken off the shop floor last week. Probably by someone on a hyper-colour t-shirt.
Could vintage mountain bikes become the new fixies? Maybe. I wonder if the guy I sold my 1991 Hardrock Sport when I emigrated is interested in sending it over?

1 comment:

  1. Haha, vintage mtb is the new Fixie!!!
    Catch up when you return.
    Gordy

    ReplyDelete