Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wheelie Sunday

Most shops don't open 'til 10.30 or so over here, and so the local upmarket shopping centre takes advantage of this and runs a 'Wheelie Sunday' every week. They close the access & service roads off to traffic and open it up to the public to ride & skate around the centre from 7.30am until 10.00am


Better still they have free bike hire - only for 30 minutes, but time on a bike is always a good thing. And it was a fine machine too!

I thought about the stairs, but it wasn't my gods looking on from the distance

It was mainly kids on little bikes & scooters, but I wasn't the only adult making a fool of myself - yes, that's a track bike being ridden by a guy in full Malaysian strip and trainers
I reckon that in half an hour I could give myself a decent workout by leaving the bike in the highest gear and doing some 'ramp-climb' repeats, but I was having more fun trying to bunnyhop the speedbumps and working on my cornering technique. Attack attack!


2 comments:

  1. Wheelie awesome stuff. Thats the stuff that makes 30 minutes mean more! Puck some more narrrr will you....;-) Miff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you. Looking handsome in your red shirt. :) Liz

    ReplyDelete