Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy birthday Andy

My best mate from the UK turns 40 today. He's a friend that I've known since when I was about 11 and we've helped each other through (and got each other into) all kinds of trouble over the years. I'm also godfather to his first-born, Freyja. Hopefully he won't mind if I post a recent picture that he sent me
I bought Andy a goat for his birthday via http://plangifts.org/ which seems like a great way to pass on best wishes, stop cluttering up someones flat with random tatt and help people who need it far more than you or your friend does. Plus someone else has to wrap it which makes life easier (I can't even wrap a book or CD without half a roll of sellotape and much cursing so a goat would be almost impossible). Andy also writes a great buddhist blog at http://endlessriver.wordpress.com

The hardest part about emigrating is not the new challenges that you face but the friends & family that you leave behind. It's theoretically a lot easier with phone calls, emails, skype, blogs and something I once heard about called 'Facetwitter' or some such thing but something always seems to come up. But true friends are people who you can pick up with as though you were never apart and hopefully sometime soon Andy & I will be able to do that.

Happy birthday mate - hope you have a top one, and I wish I was there to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment