Friday, May 28, 2010

Wednesday Night Skate - the long one

This week the wednesday night skate did one of the longer skates in it's repertoire. We headed out through Roma St parklands, past the Royal Womens hospital & Northy Street markets, out to Albion and then across to Tenerife & back through New Farm. I was hoping to be able to show a GPS plot but my laptop crashed when I was downloading it and wiped the record of the journey from the GPS. This is the route from a similar skate a few months agoWe started at around 7.45pm and were back at the cars at 10.30ish having covered just under 26km.
Unfortunately what I can't show is my GPS plot showing my speed reducing from around 16km/h (10pmh-ish) to 0 in the space of around 6'. I wasn't paying attention and my front wheel dug into a crack on the pavement, dumping me onto my hands & chest with no warning. My kneepads & wristguards saved me from the worst of it but I was a bit grazed & winded. The first skating stack for a while when I was just 'skating along'. Nothing broken so it's all good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment