Saturday, July 30, 2011

Man 'flu

In the UK wintertime everyone seemed to either fighting off, suffering from or recovering from a minor cold for most of the season. Sure, there were more serious complaints (I had microplasmic pneumonia twice) but a runny nose & a sore throat was pretty common.

Over here it seems to be different. Aussies seem to be a fairly healthy bunch so there are a lot less small complaints, but when you get ill then you get sick. I found that out during my first demo, where I told the audience that i had a slight cold *ho ho* and instead of sympathising with my sniffles they all took a step back.

The last couple of weeks have been pretty hard and I think that's knocked around my immune system, so I finally came down with a bad cold / flu that's going around. I had yesterday off work and barely moved from the couch, today it seems to be a little better but I still get good & bad periods. My nose is continually running, my throat is sore, it's still affecting my breathing and I'm generally feeling a bit rubbish. Fortunately I'm stoically suffering without undue misery


Thank you for your endurance Liz.     

2 comments:

  1. Poor Liz, she's the one really suffering.
    Gordy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am saving these priceless pics for some future forum moment!!! Get Well DT (for Liz's sake!) ;)

    ReplyDelete