Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Scenic flight

Normally when I'm flying I prefer the aisle seat. It's not as claustrophobic as the window seat, much more comfortable than the middle seat seat and of course makes it a lot easier to get up & go to the loo as & when required. Which for those of you who know me is pretty often.

On the way back from Newcastle we flew Jetstar, who don't allow you to select seats. You check in and you get what you're given - no options.  So I ended up at the window, and since it's only an hours flight and I dozed for most of it my bladder was able to cope admirably.

I woke up as we approached the Qld /NSW border and had a cracking view of the coastline below, the dark green of the coastline rimmed with scalloped gleaming bands of yellow-white sand and then the beautiful torquoise blue of the Pacific Ocean stretching out to the horizon. It's a beautiful country to look down upon and because of flight delays we had to do a holding circuit. I was able to spot various spots where I've spent happy holidays - Yamba, Byron, Kingscliffe, Tweed Heads, Coolangatta, Surfers Paradise, Stradbroke Island, Moreton Island and Tangalooma resort. And then we turned inland giving me a view of Bribie Island, Scarborough, Redcliffe, the fantastically named Hornibrook bridge and in the distance the Glasshouse Mountains looming bulkily out of a low hanging veil of smoke. It was a shame to finally land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment