Sunday, July 1, 2012

Home again

We got back to Brisbane on Thursday and since then I've been keeping myself busy.

There's been city rides
 Beer rides
 and dirt rides
as well as another go at making my own brie & camembert (with a more luxurious cheese cave this time)

I was also inspired to make some 'pulled roo' - smoked, slow cooked and then pulled kangaroo fillets


and of course checking on the beer - my Imperial Stout has reached a gravity of 1030, which means that it's around 11% at the minute. It's dark, roasty, hoppy & bitter - the only question is whether to age it as it is or add champagne yeast and go for a 15% brew?
It's also Tour De France time, which means many late nights and uncomfortable dozing on the sofa. Liz has already prepared her Tour De France viewing platform in preperation :)


2 comments:

  1. Geez, the least you could do is organise a mattress for Liz! Oh, and go Team Snuggie!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey
    Your pulled roo looks very interesting. How did it taste?
    I wanted to try it but all I could find on the internet was not to do it because apparently it's fat content is just too low.

    ReplyDelete