Monday, July 16, 2012

Vive Le Tour! *snore*

As anyone remotely interested in cycling will know, it's the middle of the Tour De France right now. And it's hard work. The live coverage starts over here at around 10pm - just around the time I'm normally going to bed - so I'll stay up just to watch the summary and discussion over the previous nights events. But then there's a breakaway, a puncture, a sprint stage in 30km time, a particularly nice castle or some over-exuberant spectators and you just get sucked in. Two hours later it's midnight and you're debating how long it will take for the peleton to finish off the last 50km. Before immediately nodding off on the sofa. I just wish they would pedal faster, it can be an exhausting three weeks.

Unfortunately I can't do that tonight because I have a 4am start tomorrow to fly down to Newcastle to give a couple of days of training. Which means I'll probably be too buggered to stay up and watch the Pyrennes stages later in the week either. I'm thinking about going to Fair Work Australia.

Look's like I'm not the only one getting carried away with the Tour in Annerley though.....

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention the part where you record the telecast just in case you fall asleep and miss the finish. Then when you wake at 2:30am you can quickly rewind and watch it. That's what I do anyway.....

    ReplyDelete