Friday, September 21, 2012

Apollo 440

The Friday music club this week is dedicated to my idiot boss, who in response to a comment about a lack of resources suggested that we watch Apollo 13 to 'learn how to confront adversity and to work together as a team'. Way to go boss, that will help us learn how the plant module works now the expert has left. Which episode of The Office are you from?

It did get me thinking about other Tom Hanks films that may be appropriate - "Catch Me If You Can" if we need to do a runner, "Cast Away" because that's what they could end up doing to the software or "Forrest Gump" because we'll be standing in front of them looking like a bunch of slack-jawed idiots. It also turns out that a large IT corporation uses the same concept in its leadership training courses, so he didn't even think of the idea himself.

Anyway - I was going to include something from the Apollo 13 soundtrack but when I was hunting around I found this and it reminded me of time hanging out in Manchester in my late 20's and made me smile. And smiling is always better than cynical whinging. Enjoy!




 

1 comment: