Tuesday, March 13, 2012

...and back down to earth again

Normally once I declare I'm going to get something sorted or commit to an exercise goal I end up injuring myself soon afterwards, and this week is no exception. Went out for a trail run with a mate last night in perfect conditions - a bit breezy, 28 degrees, low humidity - and was really enjoying the run until about the 2km mark. Then the inside of my left knee started hurting and it quickly got worse. We ended up walking out by the most direct route, which judging by the number of spiders webs we walked through along the way wasn't used very much.

This morning my knee was still sore and by coincidence I had an Osteopath appoint. Bec reckons I might have a grade 1 sprain of the medial ligament, which means rest, ice & ibuprofen. It's very sore today, I'm hoping that arnica cream will work miracles and at least have me walking without a limp soon. I'm off to Thailand next weekend so I'll do whatever I can to sort it out, even if that means sitting on the couch watching motor sports all weekend.

I blame it on the foot-coffins :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment