Saturday, March 17, 2012

Skeeter Defeater

I'm off to Thailand next weekend and although I won't be spending time in the mosquito-ridden interior, I'm still expecting to be having to fend off the little blighters overnight. The mosquito nets in some of the accomodations we've booked may not be up to scratch so I've invested in a 'Skeeter Defeater'. This is basically a freestanding tent made out of mosquito netting that can be set up over your bed - or even used as a lightweight tent if you're roughing it outside with no chance of rain.

This has been recommended to me by a couple of mates, one of whom has a habit of taking pictures of his pets inside it. We don't have any pets rat the minute, so here's an alternative. No leopardskin accessories were available - sorry Mark. I'll need to leave it to your imagination to do the rest.
 The major problem I can see with it is that there are no doors - instead you need to duck out under the edge. This is fine except I can be a disturbed sleeper. I often sit bolt upright in bed and swear randomly, once when I was training for Wildside I woke up pedalling in my sleep and I've been known to wander randomly around the flat with my eyes open but no idea of what I'm doing. This gets worse when I'm away from home, in fact I will wedge hotel doors closed with a chair to stop me ending up in the corridor.

So picture the scene - I wake up by myself in pitch darkness in an unfamiliar bed, surrounded by whining insects and with a bursting bladder from too many Singhas earlier that night. 

2 comments:

  1. My imagination is running wild Mikey....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bursting bladder from too many Singhas? That'd be just one Singha wouldn't it Mike? :-)

    ReplyDelete