Sunday, March 18, 2012

Knee news

I've spent the week limping around and struggling with the heavy clutch in the Landy. It's not been lots of fun but I can feel it getting better day by day and hopefully it will be stable and secure when I'm carting backpacks in & out of long-tail boats or hiking over slippy rough trails. Not sure how I'll go with the climbing, will make a call mid-week about whether to insure myself for it.

Yesterday I managed a 5km walk to the shops & back so that was a good sign. I also picked up some extra strength Decorub (Deep Heat for any UK readers)

This stuff is viscious. It's like when you're at a sushi bar and accidentally swallow a huge glob of wasabi lurking in the soy sauce. You know it will pass and you know it won't kill you, but my god it hurts until it dies down. Handy hint - don't put it behind your knee, because if you do then when you bend your knee you get a double-dose...

3 comments:

  1. Glad your knee is coming good Mikey.
    Do you have one night in Bangkok (payback) on the way over? We fly BKK to Chiang Mai on the 25th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, unfortunately I'm flying direct to Phuket. Changing planes in Singapore but only there for 90 mins on the way out and a few hours on the way back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An alternative would be to lighten the clutch in the Landy. A fairly simple modification and the magical power of vacuum is all it takes (or so I'm told).

    ReplyDelete