Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Shhhh!

Well the Queensland Health Service came through for me, I rang the doctors surgery at 9.30am yesterday and got an appointment for 3pm the same day.* It took them about 20 minutes of heavy syringing that left my shirt sopping wet and some poking around with mini tweezers but finally both ears were declared clean - it's a marvel! I can hear top-end sounds & sibilants much more clearly, in fact when I got in the car I was confused at first but figured out that I could hear my shirt sliding over the seat. Even as I type this I can hear a whole symphony per keystroke.


*For the Australians reading this and think 'and?', the average waiting time for an appointment in the UK was often 3-4 days, although once in Manchester I had to wait for almost two weeks and when I turned up at the surgery they buzzed me in and the receptionist was behind a wire mesh. 

4 comments:

  1. Dr. Karl says, put nothing bigger than your elbow in your ear. Gordy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you mean smaller, Mr Gordy. Deborah :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit, I was looking forward to having Gordy demonstrate putting something elbow sized in his hear.

    ReplyDelete