Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Tune

Bit of a warning - you may not have noticed but Christmas is getting close.

It's always a bit of a wierd time of the year for me over here as the sweltering humid days, tropical storms and whooping storm birds still don't mean Christmas to me. I'm too used to long dark nights, sleet and a miserable chilliness. So although I'm going through the motions - buying presents, sending cards, stocking up on booze and food - there's part of me that's wondering why. There's always a tinge of sadness too as I'm buying gifts for people who I haven't seen for almost eight years, and I won't be around for the opening.

Anyway, Christmas tunes are generally pretty woeful (with the exception of The Pogue's "Fairytale of New York" and Half-Man-Half-Biscuit's "It's cliched to be cynical at Christmas" - any other decent ones that I've missed?). But this year the Dropkick Murphys have stepped up with this - good song, funny video.
Speaking of good video clips, has anyone else seen the Aldi advert with the surfing Santas?
How good is that? Although I'd be careful waving a ham around in the water, it's been a sharky year so far..... 

4 comments:

  1. Dropkicks Murphy's were excellent, but I was expecting the The Pogues. Off to you tube with me. See you on the morrow good sir. Gordy

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8

    Just cause I could

    ReplyDelete
  3. For cringe value I almost linked Slade's Merry Christmas, but I'm not the type to infilict that much pain. So try this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD3p2z9nBGY

    ReplyDelete