Monday, December 24, 2012

Riding the cyclone

Cyclone Evan has recently been wreaking havoc on Fiji & Samoa and the resulting swell has now reached Queensland. So we thought it was time to get back to the beach and catch some waves...
A combination of onshore winds and heavy waves quickly persuaded my from trying to get out back - when you have head high cascades of white water that knock you off your feet, you don't want to tangle with a closeout on a green wave. But even the whitewater had enough push to give me a decent ride. I may be on a bodyboard, it's not 6' & glassy out there and I'm only catching whitewater but I'm still having an awesome time.
 

Look away now all my old surfer mates

It's still hard work though, and after a few hours of being beaten up by the ocean some fresh mango goes down a treat
Along with a leisurely coffee in the carpark. A little different to shiveringly gulping down a hot drink in the carpark at Woolacombe in a desperate attempt to avoid hypothermia
although the sunshine does take a toll - I was a bit careless with the suncream, and as Liz puts it "I've been Rhonda'd"
When can we go again? :)



1 comment:

  1. Like a sunrise!
    I was going to say,"kiss me Ketut", but I don't think our relationship is there yet! :-)
    Gordy

    ReplyDelete