Sunday, August 25, 2013

Chipotle

We've got a chilli plant in the back garden which is enjoying the winter weather and producing chillis faster than we can eat them. We've thought about chilli jams & chutneys but for the first batch I thought I'd try making chipotle chilli, which is essentially chilli that's been smoked & dried.

Here're the chillis in the smoker for the first time - I either opened up or sliced most of them, but after I took this shot I added a couple of whole ones
After four hours or so of smoking they were still a little moist, so the next time I smoked something I added the chillis back on when I was done and let the smoker burn itself out. So there's probably 8 hours or so of drying time all up. They look great 

 Are they dry enough?
Yup, I think so...

No comments:

Post a Comment