Sunday, August 11, 2013

Smokeapolooza

I had a smoking extravaganza this weekend. When you smoke food it needs a fair bit of preparation so for a few days before the fridge was full of interesting looking containers 
If it doesn't work out I can always try to be the next Damien Hirst
After a few days of bring & curing a rub is applied for a few hours - I also found some lamb shanks going cheap so thought I'd chuck them on as well. I use this site as an inspiration and source of recipes for rubs & marinades
On the kettle ready to go
After a couple of hours I added a couple of chicken breasts - I'm experimenting with trying to make a 'chicken bacon'
and after a couple more hours it was dark but all was good to go!
The 'chicken bacon' is very tasty, but the lamb shanks were a little tough - I think I need to start using temperature probes to keep things a bit more accurate, but it's still fun to chuck it on and see what happens...


No comments:

Post a Comment