Monday, August 19, 2013

Nundah CX

The final round of the Queensland winter Cx series was held at 'The Nundah Dome' yesterday and I rode up to take a look. It was a hot day which tested everyone who raced (I had to stop off for a frozen margarita on the way home to cool off) but people seemed to be enjoying themselves.

It was an interesting course, with off-camber grassy corners
Drops down to a small section of singletrack
Dismounts (with a cemetery in the background)

Swamps to hurdle
Or not
 Barriers to clear
 
Or not
And lots of hard pedalling over grass... 

 
The course was open to all at the start and I gave it a go on my yet-to-be-formally-introduced touring-bike, with panniers. After two trial laps I remembered why I didn't race Cx and preferred to spectate
  This guy agrees...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment