Saturday, June 2, 2012

The (almost) perfect Friday evening in KL

Kuala Lumpur is a bit of a party town, renowned from colonial days for its pubs & nightclubs. This is my third week over here now so you'd think I know where to have a good time. I've also been sharing the apartment with two colleagues, both of whom are away this weekend.

So what's a good time in party-time KL?
A take away curry (mutton tomato gosht), a bottle of S Australian wine (with the cork poked through as we have no corkscrew) and CSI Miami. Sounds dull but I was in front of the client from 9am to 5.30pm. Then during the post-work smalltalk we picked up a new topic that we thrashed out for an hour. By 6.30pm after a long week I managed to escape, but all the cabs were taken so I walked back to the apartment - 20 mins of sweaty but worthwhile exercise. After an hour of emailing it's dinner time. I could go out but for the first time in 3 weeks there is no-one here to talk about cost codes, revenue streams, sales plans or intended functionality. The next best thing to being home.......

No comments:

Post a Comment