Thursday, December 8, 2011

Daylight savings

I understand the point behind daylight savings and why it divides city & country folk. I dislike the view (rolled out in both the UK and Australia) that anyone who's against daylight savings is a country hick. I know Australia is a bloody big country. But I'm still confused as to why it's still light in Sydney at 8 pm, even though it's only an hour ahead of Brisbane (where it will be dark at 6.30).
Still, any excuse for a monorail picture...and also the tanks at the Redoak brewery pub, just down the road from my hotel. They have a summer beer which is flavourfull yet flat and charmless. I just hope mine turns out better than this.
Edit - their wheat beer however is very tasty....


1 comment:

  1. There has been an absence of cheese related postings of late. I'd like to put my request in for a renewal of focus on topics dedicated to cheese please.
    One can never have enough facts about the stuff.

    The egg..

    ReplyDelete