Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Not Tigger, but not Eeyore

I did my weekly trail run last night and it went surprisingly well. I knocked 3 minutes off my best time, bringing it down from 51 mins 20 seconds to 48 mins! And I enjoyed it more too, I felt much less 'ploddy' and more dynamic and for the first time I didn't feel completely buggered by the time I got back to the car. Of course this means that I can start running further...

Not sure on the difference. May have been the temperature - a cool 24 degrees instead of the 34 degrees of the previous week. (Transalation for readers in England - 'a balmy 24 degrees instead of the 34 degrees of the previous week'). Maybe the can of V I had before the run. Maybe a more positive attitude. Maybe getting used to the shoes. But I like to think it's because of my new sleek & streamlined summer haircut


Every year in summer the long-ish hair eventually becomes too much to bear and I shave my head. The goatee won't last much longer, but I grow it in homage to a couple of mates from Manchester I got to know when I was working on the bar. Very friendly guys who were also very scary bad boys, and who helped me out of a couple of awkward situations with aggressive drunken customers just by standing behind me and smiling. Cheers lads. 

3 comments:

  1. Or a belly-full of pork scratchings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faster cause of aero hair-less design! New shoes sound like they're the deal huh! Miff

    ReplyDelete