Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Planes, trains and automobiles

On my way to Sydney this bleary grey morning. I have an afternoon meeting and then two days of work, and I've arranged to stay Friday night and meet up with an old friend on the Saturday. Because of this I thought I'd take the train to the airport, which means I don't need to worry about having a few beers before the flight home.

I'm one of those organised people that hates to get to the airport late. Anything later than an hour before an internal flight is cutting it fine (this is probably due to too many huge queues on charter flights from the UK, where you could join the check-in queue with 90 minutes to go and still be pressed to make your flight). Of course with the marvels of online check-on this is no longer an issue, but better safe than sorry.....

Anyway, 10 minutes into my journey through the grey drizzle I get a text telling me my flight is delayed by half an hour. Which means I get to the airport around an hour and a half before departure
A lot of my colleagues would see this as an opportunity to whip out the laptop and catch up on some work stuff. I've got nothing pressing on so I'm just kicking back reading my book....*shhhhh*

Edit later this evening....got into Sydney around an hour late. I was travelling in 'casual' gear and needed to change into my suit, and my bag had obviously been left out in the train because the shirt and jacket was wet. Then I waited for a cab for 20 minutes and we got stuck in traffic. Still, I can add an extra transport option because I can see a monorail from the hotel room!

No comments:

Post a Comment